Sunday, August 3, 2008

65% of Women Report Disordered Eating

     When writing my previous blog entry, I knew I heard recently that disordered eatings habits are rampant among young women, but I couldn't find remember who had done the study. I found it. Self Magazine and the University of North Carolina teamed up to administer an online survey to women between the ages of 25-45 and found 65% reported disordered eating and an additional 10% fit the description for having an eating disorder. So the statistics I quoted are low.
     But my sentiment remains the same: These disordered eating habits can eventually evolve into full-fledged eating disorders. We as women need to realize that some of our beliefs are illogical, and we have to recognize and halt problematic behaviors before they become a habitual part of our lives.

No comments: