Tuesday, November 25, 2008

The Perfect Cold-Weather Food




In the winter, I live on soup. (It's usually salad in the summer.) I've always suspected it helps me eat less. This knowledge has finally been validated. In a study of yearlong dieters, those who regularly consumed soup lost more weight than those who didn't. Broth-based soup, not cream-based is filling, with a low calorie content. I also think it may have something to do with hydration.

My personal favorites are the vegetable soup at Panera Bread (150 calories per serving) and Wolfgang Puck's Chicken Tortilla (170 calories per cup).

I try to avoid the crackers due to the trans fat.

What are your favorites?

Photo from Dinewise.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Soup, stew, oatmeal, squash, sandwiches, steamed veggies, popcorn, pasta, maque choux. I love cold-weather food:)

tori_927 said...

I love Panera Bread's broccoli and cheese soup. So delish!